Data Protection Lawyer (Banking)
- Participating in developments relating to the broader Program and understanding the process of how Legal Data Protection Reviews may require re-assessment.
- Supporting, tracking and monitoring re-assessments of Legal Data Protection Reviews.
- Active participation in the workload of the broader Legal Data Protection EMEA team, including being a good team player with an active contribution to our remote team.
- Conducting legal reviews of proposed outsourcing initiatives against legal and regulatory requirements
- Assessing the cross border aspects in terms of banking secrecy, data protection and outsourcing regulations in more than 40 jurisdictions
- Collaborating with internal General Counsel lawyers on global bank-related projects for more complex regulatory issues
- Identifying risks and contributing to the efficiency and effectiveness of existing outsourcing frameworks
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with our partners (e.g. internal lawyers from other countries and business representatives) to ensure compliance with the requirements including client confidentiality, data protection/privacy and outsourcing regulatory aspects
- Exciting opportunity in the legal data protection and third party risk management space
- Possibility to gain/develop knowledge, work in a great team environment and have exposure to a variety of different stakeholders
- Job contract
- Attractive salary
- Additional working benefits
Essentials skills and qualifications:
- University degree in Law
- At least 1 year of experience as a lawyer (experience in a bank, financial institution or international law firm would be an asset)
- Knowledge on data protection regulations
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- You are a confident team-player, creative and strategic thinker with the ability to influence and develop positive relationships with clients and team members
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize optimally as well as ability to work under pressure without compromising quality
- Understanding of complex legal terms related to specific area of expertise and regulatory and compliance issues
- Ability to communicate difficult legal concepts and influence others to embrace different points of view
- Broader knowledge beyond GDPR would be advantageous e.g. GDPR derogations in a particular jurisdiction; knowledge of other EMEA data protection laws; data protection contract drafting skills.
Inne oferty pracy